Monday, January 2, 2012

How can I help you lose weight and fast

Whether you are considering joining a gym, hiring a personal trainer or training in the privacy of your own home or garden you need to understand how fast weight loss and increased fitness works.

I see too many people training in the wrong way, wasting time focussing on the wrong exercises and diets, and then giving up within a matter of weeks (if that) because the results are just not happening.

So how do you get from this photo to this delightfully thin and toned body (ok I have chosen an extreme example but you get what I mean).


  1. You need a plan - what are you trying to achieve - yes a challenge is good but let's be realistic we each have a body shape so let's focus on how to achieve the results that are achievable. I like to use visuals for this part of the goal setting - words pictures- this is your own journal and can be updated and read as often as you want to.
  2. You need to listen to the experts - there is a science to a fast fat loss program - 3 simple steps and once understood your calorie intake, and training plan will be designed for you, and based on your current fitness levels (there is a trick here though - your fitness will improve very quickly and that's why we need to progress your training plan)
  3. You need to get started - safe and effective training plans to follow, to own and to measure against
  4. You need to monitor your progress - keep reviewing your progress - small steps but capture your daily successes
My role is to help you understand what to do, and why you are doing it. My role is to help keep you on track, celebrate your achievements and re set your plans, and of course to demonstrate what exercises you need to do, and the safest way to avoid injury.

To clarify why I call myself a fitness and performance consultant as opposed to a personal trainer is to emphasise that 70% at least of my role is in education and motivation - the other 30% is walking, running, boxing, resistance training, ab training and of course the love of my life TRX training.

My message to you today - yes consider what environment suits you best, but give careful consideration to signing up to a new gym membership until you are clear on your goals....

Email julie@partneredsolutions.co.uk to request your goal setting questionnaire, to enquire about my 7 week kick start to weight loss workshops, or to enquire about my one to one and small group fitness and weight loss sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment