Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The true value of having a Personal Training Coach

Your personal trainer should become a close mentor, someone who you trust completely and someone you know is as interested in reaching your goals as you are.

Gone are the days that personal trainers are there just to set you a weekly session, a personal trainer should write you your goals, educate you on how to get the results, then be there to motivate you and help you through the hard times.


This is how my personal training works:

  1. We meet to discuss your goals
  2. We write goals together.
  3. I educate my clients in terms of what type of exercise is best, how often to exercise, and to touch on what exercise regime you may have followed in the past.
  4. I teach my clients the correct form and techniques
  5. We discuss new types of exercise as part of your weekly program
  6. My clients take action either independently or with me
  7. I motivate my clients on a weekly basis
  8. We measure the results and celebrate !
Personal training is therefore not all about costly sessions, it is the start of a trusting relationship with the only mutual goal -  to get your results !

Julie Jones