Monday, January 2, 2012

My top 10 reasons why running changed my life

Well here's a thing, running can change your life !



You don't have to be born a runner, or as light as a feather, or one of those people who is just naturally thin, leggy and light on your feet - running is for anyone who wants to make a DRAMATIC change to their lives.

I started to run when I decided to teach my eldest son (now almost 20years old) how to ride his bike, little did I know that my thighs would end up fitting into a size 10 in clothes.......

My top 10 reasons why running did indeed change my life (and I could go on to a lot more):

  1. Thin thighs - so I can wear what I want to whenever I want to
  2. Greater confidence - you look a lot better, wear what you want.......dress to impress
  3. Feeling of personal achievement
  4. Goals and results - half marathons, Race for Life (even when 28 weeks pregnant
  5. Weight loss - and now I can be pretty relaxed about what I eat and drink now 2.5 stone lighter than I used to be
  6. Energy - lots and lots of energy - so much so that I am now a qualified personal trainer and choose to spend hours each day running, and weight training my clients - many of who are many years younger than me
Energy - I am obsessed by that word and I wan't you to become as excited as I am about ENERGY !


ENERGY brings about far more than I ever thought possible. For me personal success beyond what I ever thought possible...

Formally a Director in finance - working in the finance industry for 19 years I fundamentally believe that those with energy stand a far higher chance of career progression - when you ooze energy when you walk in that door it is infectious to those around you - sorry this is a subject for another day - part of my fitness and performance consultancy work now leads me into driving energy into teams and businesses to take their businesses to a new level !!!








Back to running:

7. Lower stress levels - I used to suffer from that knotted stomach when things became stressful - a half an hour run cures me every time
8. Reduction in my asthma
9. A focus when life becomes somewhat repetitive
10. An ability to go to a spinning class full of 20 somethings and keep up with them all....

I run small group and one to one running sessions to pass on "the running bug" - one pair of running shoes, a good running bra (for the girls) and baggy pants and a TShirt is all you need to have to get started.

I urge you to consider your goals and needs: Fitter body, better health, less stress, new focus, new hobby, new partner, new conversation, new friends, a reason to cut down on the wrong food, a reason to cut down on the booze, a reason to travel to take part in a race, a reason to buy a new pair of running shoes, a reason to feel proud of whatever effort you put in by just getting your feet across the doorstep even for 10 minutes....................At least think about this, and let me know how you get on.

Good luck